On our department page for study information, you will find information about course registration periods and about the learning platform Studium which is the place where you will find all the necessary information when you study a course with us.
- Mats Utas interviewed about gang culture 2022-08-09
- Alex Maxia in The Times 2022-06-29
- Claudia Merli a new Fellow at the Swedish Collegium for Advanced Study 2022-06-23
- Gurbet Peker: The sheep - a Gotland symbol of sustainability 2022-06-23
- ”Megaprojekt” nominated for book award 2022-06-23
- Per Brandström: Book review of Mhola - The Utopia of Peace 2022-06-13
- Tiago Duarte Dias interviewed on Brazilian TV 2022-06-03
- Emma Fritze: Mission Eurovision 2022-05-16
- Now: Dr. Jacob Hjortsberg 2022-05-09
- Mats Utas celebrated 50 years with a lecture in Stavanger 2022-05-02
- Unfortunately there are no upcoming events at this time
We are currently looking for new colleagues
We will hire two tenure track positions/assistant senior lecturers in cultural anthropology and ethnology. The direction of the positions are thematically and regionally open, and we particularly encourage people with research topics not already available at the department. You need to have completed your PhD no longer than five years ago and as these are partly teaching positions you must be able to teach in Swedish already when you start. Deadline for application: August. Read the job ads (in swedish).
Come and work with us!
Graduation at the department
This spring's candidates and masters have been congratulated by the directors of studies and program managers for their well-deserved degrees. They were treated to cake, speeches and received a rose. Each new candidate and master also received a diploma from the department, which together with the Uppsala University Diploma shows the student's education in its entirety.
The department has a Bachelor's programme in Culture, Society and Ethnography and three master's programmes - Master's programme in the humanities with a specialization in Ethnology and a specialization in Cultural Anthropology and an International Master's programme in Cultural Anthropology.